What Makes Natural Finish Wood Boxes Special?
Our artisans at Teals Prairie & Co. turn harvested pine wood into handcraft natural finish wood boxes. Each gift box has a beautiful finish of clear varnish. This light coat of varnish refreshingly exposes the wood’s natural texture and color.
Every natural finish wood box is suitable for a wide range of celebrations and events. They are great for New Year celebrations, baby showers, and other engagements. Each one works best during occasions with a strong theme. That’s because the natural wood finish will never clash with any theme colors. Furthermore, if your event takes place at the beach or in the open, then this box is the perfect complement for the outdoors.
How can we personalize our natural finish wood boxes for your next event or product launch?
There are several ways that we can build spectacular gift boxes for your next project. Black printing stands out on natural finish boxes, as do printed paper belly bands. Let’s discuss the different methods, applications, and processes we use to personalize our natural finish wood boxes.
After learning about how we customize our wood boxes in the section below, you’ll also discover the natural finish wood boxes we have in stock now. Once you’re ready to discover more about creating custom wood boxes, we’re conveniently available to discuss your next project using the green support chat button below.
Choose between multiple finishes to customize our natural wood boxes
What’s special about our natural finish boxes is they can take on the appearance of different wood types. For packages of 25 or more, we’ll use custom varnish colors to alter the box appearance. With choices like Walnut & Mahogany varnish colors, there are many ways we can turn a natural finish wood box into something even more special. Here’s a table to help you decide between the box finishes we have available.
Which wood box is best for your next project?
As laser engraving burns a wood box surface to expose an inner layer, it’s best to use with wood box finishes that produce contrasting colors. Although natural wood boxes may not provide the highest contrast engraving surface, it still might produce a subtle personalization style that you enjoy. Here are some reasons to go with engraving or opt for another customization method.
Strengths of Laser Engraving
- Affordably personalize a wood box with branding, product, or event information.
- A great option when you have a high resolution engravable graphic.
- Provides permanent marking and an heirloom quality to each wood box.
- The engraving process burns a layer of the box surface, creating a unique aromatic smell.
Weaknesses of Laser Engraving
- Engraving as a standalone personalization method cannot add color to a wood box.
- Without color your illustration needs to carry the design and make a memorable statement.
- Incorporating a theme must be done by adding another personalization method to the wood box.
UV COLOR PRINTING
Include a full color print on each wood box by going with our UV color print customization method. It’s great for showcasing both text and photos. Here’s why you may or may not want to use UV color printing to personalize your wood boxes.
Strengths of UV Color Printing
- UV color printing is an affordable wood box decoration method.
- Showcase brand and event colors on each wood box.
- Works well for printing small logos or full surface prints.
- The print is permanent and not affected by UV rays.
- This cured color application doesn’t fade, chip, or crack.
- Great for capturing family moments and creating heirloom items.
- Easily cleaned with soap and a wet rag.
Weaknesses of UV Color Printing
- UV printing colors don’t always match Pantone colors, so you’ll want another method for strict corporate color policies.
- More traditional print methods such as screen printing can produce a higher quality result for larger orders.
- Print colors determine which wood box you select.
Which Box Finish Works Best with UV Color Printing?
Full Color Debossing
Invented by artisans here at Teals Prairie & Co. the debossing process combines multiple personalization processes to create a unique wood box appearance. Here’s how to tell whether it’s the right customization method for your upcoming project.
Strengths of Full Color Debossing
- Provides the same benefits as both engraving and UV color printing.
- Creates a unique appearance that you can’t help but notice and want to see up-close.
- Makes a unique layered design by adding an indented overlay to an image.
- The perfect personalization method for layering text, images, and graphics.
Weaknesses of Full Color Debossing
- Carries a higher price since it’s a multi-technique process that’s more labor intensive.
Which Box Finish Works Best with Full Color Debossing?
BELLY BAND PACKAGING
Belly band packaging provides a space to print marketing, event, and product information without altering the wood box itself. Here are a few factors to help decide whether this is the right customization method for you.
Strengths of Belly Band Packaging
- Belly bands are an affordable customization method.
- Keep the wood box unaltered or use another personalization technique to add a permanent design on each wood box.
- Printed designs on belly band packing matches Pantone colors, which is great for businesses following strict color guidelines.
- It’s easy to have customers or event recipients act by printing a coupon, discount, or QR code on each belly band.
- With a wide range of sizes, you can find the perfect belly band to cover the whole wood surface or a slim section of the box.
Weaknesses of Belly Band Packaging
- Requires a higher minimum order than alternatives like engraving, UV color printing, and decorative labels.
- Alternatives to belly band packages are better for prototypes and one-off products.
Which Box Finish Should You Select for Showcasing Belly Band Packaging?
- The wood box finish you select depends on the colors of the belly band and your print.
- Our team is happy to assist you with selecting the right belly band and wood box finish for your next project.
ENGRAVING + BELLY BAND
Why stick with one personalization method when you can select two or more that create a uniquely styled wood box? One example of multi-process boxes are our engraved wood boxes with a matching belly band. There really aren’t any limits to how you’re able combine our customization methods to achieve the wood box appearance you want.
Strengths of Multi-Process Wood Boxes
- Get the best of both processes by combining the belly band and engraving personalization techniques. You’ll have plenty of space for marketing and product information, while also leaving a permanent mark on the box itself.
- Windowed belly bands, which are available for every wood box finish, helps showcase an engraved box design.
- Use UV color printing, decorative labels, engraving, printed ribbons, and other personalization techniques to create a special wood box for your next project.
- Even if there isn’t an image here showcasing the personalization methods you like to combine doesn’t mean it can’t be done! Get in touch with us to discuss your ideas.
Weaknesses of Multi-Process Wood Boxes
- Certain personalization types such as belly band packaging might increase the minimum order requirements.
Looking for a one-off personalization method? Decorative labels are an affordable customization method and available in many shapes and sizes. Find out why you might be interested in opting for decorative labels.
Strengths of Decorative Labels
- A perfect choice for keeping low volume personalized wood box orders affordable.
- Decorative labels are available in many shapes and sizes and we can even make custom designs for large orders.
- How you apply a decorative label to a wood box can create contrast between multiple designs.
Weaknesses of Decorative Labels
- Processes such as full color debossing are better for formal events as other methods create a higher quality wood box.
Which Wood Box Works Best with Decorative Labels?
- The design and colors of your decorative labels influence which wood box finish is right for your next project.
- Our team will gladly help you choose the right decorative label and wood box finish combination.
We create gift tags using a variety of materials that will match any theme. Make every gift box extra special by including your recipient’s name on the design, as well as a personalized message.
The Details About Our Custom Gift Tags
- There are several materials and processes we use to create gift tags for your custom wood boxes.
- The materials and processes we use depends on the appearance you would like for your wood boxes.
- We will work with you to determine the best gift tag materials that tie everything together for your upcoming project.
Printed ribbons add color and style to your wood boxes. Here’s more information on our printed ribbons.
The Details About Our Custom Gift Tags
- We have access to a variety of popular ribbon materials such as silk, cotton, felt and more.
- Each ribbon comes in a range of colors and widths.
- Printed logos, names, and designs look great and can be done in any color.
- Including ribbons with your wood boxes are an affordable way to add personalization.
Let’s Get Started on Your Custom Wood Boxes!
When you’re ready to discuss your upcoming project with our craftsmen, please use the green support chat button in the lower right corner. We’ll make creating custom wood boxes easy and help you throughout the whole process.
STOCK SIZES FOR IMMEDIATE CUSTOMIZATION
We customize items using customization techniques like engraving, sandblasting, and wood carving. Explore the many ways we create custom gifts.